CASHEW CORN CHOWDER
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, butter or ghee
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 celery stalks with leaves
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups corn, fresh off the cob or frozen
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- ½ tsp. tarragon
- ½ cup raw cashews
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onions and celery in the oil.
- Add the water and the potatoes, bring to a boil, and simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Add the corn, parsley, and herbs. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Remove about 3 cups of this mixture and blend with cashews for about 1 minute until smooth. Make sure there are no pieces left.
- Add cashew-milk to remaining soup.