Magnificently Cheesy Vegetable Lasagna
20 brown rice lasagna noodles
2 tablespoon olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups zucchini, chopped
4 cups eggplant, peeled and diced
1 1/2 cups onions, diced
3 cups mushrooms, diced
4 roasted red peppers
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2/3 cup rice milk
3 cups ricotta cheese
6 8oz cans of tomato sauce
3 200g mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 200g cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook noodles.
2. Broil peppers for 15 minutes, peel
and chop into slices.
3. Preheat oven to 350.
4. Heat olive oil in skillet, sauteÅL garlic,
eggplant, zucchini and onions for 5
minutes until just tender.
5. Add mushrooms and cook for 3
6. Add sweet peppers, oregano, salt
and pepper and set aside.
7. In a small bowl mix the ricotta and
milk until smooth.
8. In a pan, pour 1/3 tomato sauce on
bottom, place a layer of noodles on
9. Add half the vegetables, half the
ricotta, half of the mozzarella, half
the parmesan cheese.
10. Repeat with 1/3 sauce, a layer of
noodles, and the remaining
vegetables, ricotta, and mozzarella.
11. Add remaining noodles, tomato
sauce and top with parmesan.
12. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
13. Slice pan three across and four
down to create 15 slices.
14. Package in rectangular pyrex