Mushroom Nut Veggie Burgers
- 2 C Carrots, grated
- 2 C Portobello Mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 C Onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 C Celery, diced
- 1 C Walnuts, soaked and ground fine while wet (you can use any nut that you want)
- 1/2 C Pumpkin Seeds, soaked and ground fine while wet
- 1/4 C Water, filtered
- 1/4 C Nama Shoyu
- 1 t. Sage
- 1 t. Marjoram
- 1 t. Thyme
- 1 C Oat Flour, raw OR 3/4 C Flax, ground
1. Combine carrots, mushrooms, celery, and onion.
2. Stir in walnuts and pumpkin seeds, combine well.
3. Combine water and nama shoyu, mix into veggie/nut mixture
4. Add herbs, stir well.
5. Stir raw oat flour OR ground flax seeds in in batches (half at a time)
6. Shape into patties no 4-5 inches across, no more than 1 inch thick. Place on screens and dehydrate at 140 for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 115 and dehydrate until mostly dry. 3-4 hours. You want these to be moist, not rock hard. Makes 8 – 9 Burgers.