TAMARI CREAM GRAVY
A delicious and easy savory sauce for vegetables, patties or loaves. You can
add herbs or spices to taste.
• 1 tbsp. each butter and olive oil
• 4 tbsp. light spelt or whole wheat flour
• 2 cups water
• 4 tbsp. organic cream, milk or soy milk
• 11/2 tbsp. tamari
• 11/2 tbsp. Braggs Aminos (or 11/2 tbsp. more tamari)
• 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (optional)
1. Gently heat butter and oil over medium heat.
2. Slowly stir in flour, little by little, until it forms a smooth paste. Cook
for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
3. Still stirring, add water, little by little, to form a smooth sauce. Use a
whisk if necessary to beat lumps into oblivion!
4. Slowly add the rest of the ingredients, still stirring constantly. Do not
allow sauce to boil.