- 1 1/2 C dried mushrooms – shitake, portabello, mitake, oyster…
- 1/4 C sesame oil
- 1 T raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 T miso – chickpea or non-GMO soy miso
- 1 C butternut squash or zucchini – shredded
- 1/2 C celery – diced
- 1 3/4 C onion – diced
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 C walnuts
- 2 C almonds
- 2 t dry sage – minced
- 2 t fresh thyme – minced
- 1 1/2 T fresh rosemary – minced
- 2 T fresh parsley – minced
- Whisk together apple cider vinegar, oil and miso.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for the nuts and herbs) to bowl and coat evenly.
- Allow mixture to sit at least 1 hour, preferably 3 hours or refrigerated overnight.
- *Transfer mixture to seed milk bag or sieve and strain off juice most of the juice. DO NOT DISCARD, this will be added to your gravy recipe.
- Pulse nuts and herbs in food processor to break into small pieces.
- Add marinated veggie mixture to food processor and pulse in.
- Best served warmed in the dehydrator for 1-2 hours at 120F.