ASIAN NOODLE SALAD
YIELD: 4 servings
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crunchy rice noodles
FOR THE SPICY PEANUT DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons grated ginger root
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- In large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile, make Spicy Peanut Dressing: In a small bowl, whisktogether peanut butter, grated ginger root, apple cider vinegar and soy sauce. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until all oil is incorporated. Stir in sesame seeds.
- Divide Spicy Peanut Dressing equally among 4 pint-sized mason jars. Divide soba noodles over dressing. Layer remaining ingredients, ending with rice noodles. Top with lids and refrigerate up to 5 days. To serve, pour onto plate or bowl, stir and enjoy.